Bayfront Performance Park
- Seating for up to 10,000 with 2.3-acre lawn for seating made of synthetic turf
- Increased amount of shows from 37 paid events to 110
- Open to the public when events are not being held with the exclusion of back-of-house facilities, box office, and food pavilions
- Potential year round concerts
- 64 new stalls available for performance patrons and four new public bathrooms
- Renovated basketball courts
- Public viewing deck on back side of stage
- Views of the venue from hotels, condos, and anyone on the bay
San Diego Symphony has proposed to turn its current Waterfront Park summer concert pop up venue at the Embarcadero Marina Park South into a permanent venue. The proposed venue will be able to hold 2x the capacity as it current venue. The lawn seating will be on synthetic grass and graded with a slope for guests to see from the removable lawn chairs.
The proposed permanent venue should bring a lot more people into the downtown area and hopefully tourists as well. With the views of the bay and the gorgeous sunsets, this venue could be one of downtowns must visit landmarks. Due to its location, it can be seen from hotels such as the Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton Bayfront, convention center and surrounding condos, not to mention anyone on the water. This is a great opportunity to see artists that would not normally be seen downtown at the existing location.
San Diego Symphony has successfully put on its Summer Pops series for 12 years now. The new venue will help to provide medium sized concerts and events with a viable option. The proposal for the San Diego Symphony to build its new permanent venue will cost $45 million. If the project is approved the first concert would be projected for 2019 or 2020.
And Always Remember, It Matters Who You Work With!
Give me a call today at (240) 461-7361 or email me at Karl@www.livingthesandiegolife.com for more information or to schedule a tour of the neighborhood!