The Little Italy Mercato consists of around 150 vendors spread over 5 blocks!
The Little Italy Mercato has been around since June 2008 and is a staple amongst the community. In 2008, it had only 40 vendors and was off to a slow start. With little foot traffic, some of the vendors were giving up. The market’s manager, Catt Fields White, began marketing in various magazines and online outlets. Today the Little Italy Mercato features over 150 vendors and remains a popular destination for tourists and residents alike!
8am – 2pm
Year Round (rain or shine)
Some of my favorite elements of the Mercato:
- The Food – There are several vendors that we enjoy. I like Fabrison’s Crepes for a great savory breakfast. I typically get a cold brew coffee on nitro at Superfood Coffee Co. They also have great juices.
- Fresh Produce – From fruits to vegetables to herbs, they have it all. There are 36 different farmers on their vendors list.
- Fresh Flowers – My wife loves to pick up fresh flowers when we go to the Mercato. There are several vendors that are great, so tend to grab them from one of the vendors as we are leaving.
- Live Music – at almost every corner. I went on Saturday, April 23rd, and there was one group that stood out. There were 4 children playing instruments. They varied in age from what I would guess was 8-14 years. I got a kick out of listening to this group and how talented they are!
- Sense of Community – Little Italy is known for its charm. At the Little Italy Mercato, the energy, spirits and laughter are contagious. The farmers market offers a great picture of the lifestyle this neighborhood has to offer!